Your Perfect Pickler® kit is taking on new duties. Turn a small fistful of veggies or bottled vegetable juice into fermented tonics. Plus, it has the same potent nutrients as a fermented pickle. It takes only minutes to create a batch of Pickle Shots: just water, salt, juice and brine left over from lacto-fermented pickles.
It was truly a eureka moment to transform bottled vegetable juices: carrot, tomato, and coconut water—into refreshing tonics. This is simply the easiest form of fermenting using the Perfect Pickler®.
- 16 oz. vegetable juice (see favorites below)
- 16 oz. Filtered Water
- 1 TBS. Celtic Sea Salt® or other premium brand
- 2 TBS. saved brine from previous batch of lacto-fermented vegetables or tonic
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a 1 quart jar until almost full.
- Float brine overflow cup on top of juice.
- Twist on Perfect Pickler® lid until just hand snug.
- Pour tap water into airlock to the max line and gently twist into lid.
- Place in cool location (68-74 degrees) and wait patiently for 4 days!
- Remove fermenting kit, seal and refrigerate.
FAVORITES: Coconut Water, Very Veggie Tomato Medley, Carrot Juice Caveat: Fermented vegetable juice is best used in small "shot" doses, 1 or 2 oz. will give you great benefit. There is no science that states "if a little is good, a whole lot more is better." A quart will last and last.